There are basically two types of sports – classy and non-classy. There are sports which are very rough, violent, and are basically played by just about anyone. There are also those sports which are sophisticated and are only played by a few people. Have you always wanted to be active in some classy sports? Here are some sports for you to consider:
- Bowling: What is interesting about bowling is that it is one of the world’s oldest sports. It was the ancient Egyptian pharaohs and Roman emperors who played the primitive forms of this game. Bowling was first standardized in 1895. Before one could bowl properly, one really has to spend a lot of time practicing in bowling lanes. Most people find it hard to excel in this sport.
- Badminton: Badminton has become more egalitarian these days. However, in the past several years, it has been considered as one of the top classiest sports. In fact, some even still consider badminton as an exclusive and classy sport. The sport was first played by a number of British officers in the eighteenth century. Before shuttlecocks, balls of wool were used, particularly by the upper class.
- Golf: Of course, this list would not be complete without discussing something about golf. Golf has always been a very classy sport usually played by the elites. Before playing golf, one has to wear a polo shirt. One could not also play golf just about anywhere. If you are interested in golf, there are so many things that you will have to learn. You might have to start learning how to do a basic golf swing.
- Tennis: Tennis originated in France before the 12th century. Today, this sport is usually played by businessmen and company executives. Playing tennis requires a lot of discipline and character development. That is why a lot of people really consider being active in this sport. Aside from this, tennis rackets are quite costly. Those fat, rich people who want to get thin by playing a sport usually get active in tennis.
- Polo: Polo is considered to be the Godfather of rich people sports. One really has to be rich in order to play this sport. One not only has to take good care of his horse. Aside from that, horses ridden in this sport are of expensive breeds. He also needs to improve teamwork and coordination between him and his horse. This game has been dominated by both male and female elites.