To be a good programmer, you must practice and learn new things because of the new technological developments in the IT industry. With the demand for E-Commerce websites increasing, there has been a rise in demand for Magento development services. Indeed, most online stores are based on Magento. This is because it is preferred by programmers and retailers worldwide.
Magento is renowned for its scalability, flexibility, ease of customization, and the ability to ensure smooth functioning of the site, regardless of the hundreds of thousands of pages. A top Magento development company offers customized services for clients who are the core part of any Magento development. That is why, if you are a business person who wants to start your own online website, Magento should be your preferred choice too. For this to happen, you need to install Magento extensions along the way.
Here are a few steps to help you do that.
How to install Magento extensions
- First, you need to log in to the Magento administrator area. Then go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager.
- A new page will open for the Magento Connect Manager and you must provide your administrative credentials again.
- You will see 2 sections: Extensions and Settings. Verify the options chosen in the Settings section first.
- In the Settings option, leave the options to their default values.
- The Preferred State option controls the state of the extensions you install. There are 3 states – Stable, Beta and Alpha. It is essential to create a backup before downloading extensions or extension upgrades. Once you create the backup, go to Magento Connect Manager-> Extensions tab. Click the link to Magento Connect.
- This step opens a new window for the Magento Marketplace where you can browse available extensions.
- There are various extensions. Some are free, and others are paid. Once you have chosen an extension, click its name and then on the Add to Cart button. After you checkout, click the install button.
- This will open a new tab in your browser from where you can see the Access Key for the purchased extension. Copy the key and then go to your Magento admin panel -> System -> Magento Connect and paste the key in the Paste extension key to install.
- Click the Install button and then perform the installation.
The new extension will be automatically downloaded and installed.
Once the extension is installed, go back to Magento admin and adjust its options according to your site needs.
Make sure that your online store is functioning appropriately and there is no room for error. It isn’t very tedious to understand Magento website development but it isn’t a piece of cake either.
You need to learn as much as possible before installation so that you can take full advantage. With proper guidance, you can even master the skills to start your own Magento development company or establish your e-commerce business.