I had some problems connecting my PlayStation 3 (PS3 ) to Internet the other day. Error messages on kept popping up on my television screen when connecting although my laptop computer could access the Internet through the very same router. Luckily , after some time-intensive research, I found a way to mend the PS3 Internet connection problem. Here is what I did…
1. Update The Wireless Router
As you may already know, wireless routers use programs called drivers. This router-driver software programs need to be upgraded periodically so as to enable the device to function at their best. Therefore, make sure that it is updated to the most up-to-date version so as to avoid any possible router-related error.
2. Change The SSID And WEP Password
SSID ( Service Set Identifier ) is the name of your wireless network. You will have to select yours from the different wireless network listed there. Remember to lower the safety level, for example, if you use WEP Encryption as high security can also lead to PS3 Internet connection problems. Then add your PS3 as an accepted device if your WAPs are set to filter the MAC address.
3. Use Connection Settings
PS3 web connection Problems are typically cleared up by changing the network settings. Follow the steps noted below :
- Change your DNS server address to the Open DNS servers : 188.8.131.52, and make sure your PS3 settings are on automated easy.
- Find the IP address of your router.
- Open a web browser ( e.g. FireFox ) on a computer attached to your router ( If your PS3’s browser does not work, you may have to use a computer).
- By hand, type in the IP number of you router into the address bar.
- Be sure to enter the correct username and password, if asked. If you never set one, you will need to use the default username and password. The default settings can usually be found on the manual of your router. Alternatively, try username “admin” with no password.
- Once you log in, manually enter the Primary and Secondary DNS information. You can try the following DNS addresses: 184.108.40.206 as primary and, 220.127.116.11 as secondary.
- Now check again to see if your PS3 web connection problem still exist. Goodluck!