PS3 game, Heavy Rain, by Quantic Dream, has become the biggest winner at this years video game Baftas award ceremony. The film noir-inspired murder-mystery won three awards – best story, original music and technical innovation although Mass Effect 2 was awarded with the best game title award.
However, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood had a somewhat disappointing night picking up only one award each (the Game award and best action game, respectively) despite being the most nominated games.
Other awards include best family game, which went to Kinect Sports (that uses Microsoft’s Kinect controller that was recently named as the fastest selling gadget of all time with 10 million sales in just four months).
The Awards Bafta fellowship was awarded to Populous creator Peter Molyneux.
Summary of Winning Games
- Action – Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
- Artistic achievement – God of War III
- Best game – Mass Effect 2
- Story, original music & technical innovation – Heavy Rain
- Use of audio – Battlefield: Bad Company: 2
- GAME award (voted for by members of the public) – Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Fellowship – Peter Molyneux